The emergency room (ER) entrance is located in the ground floor of 5656 S. Maryland Ave.
Our team uses top-of-the-line technology to provide fast and private medical care. In addition to being the main point of entry to UChicago Medicine's Level 1 adult trauma center, our ED also features a “rapid assessment unit,” which allows caregivers to quickly assess and treat patients based on the severity of their illness or injury.
Unsure if you need to go to the ER? Our guide can help you decide when to go to the emergency room vs. an urgent care clinic.
- Aetna POS
- Aetna HMO (specialists only)
- Aetna PPO
- BCBS Blue Precision HMO (specialists only)
- BCBS HMO (HMOI) (specialists only)
- BCBS PPO
- Cigna HMO
- Cigna POS
- Cigna PPO
- CountyCare *see insurance page
- Coventry Health Plan PPO
- Great West PPO
- Aetna Better Health *see insurance page
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- United Options (PPO)
- United Choice Plus POS/PPO
- United Select (HMO & EPO) (specialists only)
- United W500 Emergent Wrap